Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Introducing....

....a new blog!
Oh I hear you!! What, another blog? You're not even keeping up with this one! But I wanted to give our new little kitten her own blog where she can tell you all about her life in our household. So relax, it's a very different blog from this one. And it still needs a lot of work, but once the basics are done mainly little stories and pictures will be shared there. Hope you like it!
Here's the link, from The World of Wezz to The World of A Cat!

Santa brought me a Lortone tumbler! I'm so excited about that!! It came with a starter kit for tumbling rocks, but I have loads of stones from the beaches on Crete that I wanna make shiny! I just *know* I found some pretties there and I can't wait to see the end result! Think of what pretty pendants they will make! Since these are already pretty round and slick from tumbling in sand and sea for years I skipped the first few steps and put it in with the last type of sanding grit. After that, I can do the polishing cycle. Finally! ooh I can't wait, this is nerve wrecking for me, I want to open up that barrel every 5 minutes to see what it's doing and to check on the results. But... but that has to tumble for 5-7 days!! Per cycle! Ack!! I can't wait that long! I peeked yesterday... hey the instruction manual told me to check after 24 hours of tumbling, so being a good girl as usual, I checked. Of course there was nothing to see yet, not much anyway. Guess I'll have to practice on my patience again! Oy!!!

In the mean time, let me show you the latest Cretan Stone Pendants I have put in the store. These are finished with a single or double crown in Swarovski crystals. Soooo pretty!! :-))



ooooh I'm soooo curious so see how my pendants will look with the tumbled stones! I think that similar stones will not look better but will look different. At least, I hope so!! Otherwise, it's a long process compared to what I do now to treat the stones! LOL

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Party like never before! :-)))

Hugs,
Wezz

8 comments:

Jamie Spires said...

Let us see the rocks when they are done tumbling!!! ;)

Jamie
Creations by JAE
http://creationsbyjae.etsy.com
http://creationsbyjae.blogspot.com
http://www.creationsbyjae.com

Pretty Things said...

Congrats on the new blog (and the new tumbler!)

Anonymous said...

I think your new blog will be such fun----wonder what cat will say about wezz! I can't imagine what it must be like to wait for days and days until your tumbler finishes. Take some pics of what you end up with! Teri http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress
http://sandtcreations.etsy.com

ChezChani said...

Happy New Year! Izzy is on my lap right now and anxious to go check out your cat's blog. I hope it doesn't give her any ideas because she is NOT getting one.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Wezz...I have a tumbler also and haven't gotten up the nerve as yet to try it out. Can't wait to see your stones and how pretty the are. Let us know when they are ready to see...
Wilma

A Beaded Affair said...

Happy New Year Wezz and congrats on the Lortone. I love mine and use it exclusively for cleaning and hardening jewelry right now. I'm anxious to see how you do with rock tumbling. Do you have a separtate barrel for cleaning? I have heard that you need to keep the barrels separate but I am not sure.
Heres to a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year for you and yours.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

Chichiboulie said...

fun idea for a new blog!

we used to have a rock tumbler when I was growing up. I wonder if my father still has it...

*runs off to phone home*

ChezChani said...

I've tagged you in the photo game. Check out my blog. Maybe I should have tagged the kitty but being that she's just moved in, she may not have gotten around to taking any pictures yet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails