Monday, May 16, 2011

Step by step...

... I'll get there. At finishing all my UFOs. It may take years, coz who knows what's lurking in the cupboards. But whatever I can find, I'm finishing, slowly but surely. If I come across something older, I need to make the decision to either finish it and do something with it, whatever that is, or to get rid of it in one way or the other. Not easy for a packrat like me!! I see potential in just about every little bit!! There's a reason why I kept things, although I may not remember that exact reason any more, I can think of several new ones every time! LOL
But, I've come to the conclusion that I can't keep everything. I can't wear everything I make even though I love it, I already have jewelry for every outfit I own! I can't keep every little piece of thread coz I think it will come in handy for a crochet project. I can't keep every little bitty piece of fabric, even though that will be like a dagger through my heart, especially since I've now.... wait for it.... taken up patchwork and quilting! Hahaha!
Just finished my second class but I can already see that this is gonna be another addiction. That's why some other things will have to go. Like maybe some fabric that I once bought for making clothes but it hasn't materialized yet and I need to check each and every piece and see if it still holds that promise or not. If not, it's gotta go. I am still going to my sewing group every week, so some things will still get made, or finished. :-))

As far as my last Monday Plans go, I finished the crochet bonnets! The tails are now neatly worked in and they look very cool, even if I do say so myself. I even worked in the tails of a scarf that was also waiting for those finishing touches.

  


 


 


See?? All finished!!
I'm still contemplating opening a new category in my etsy store with crochet and knitwear. One thing is for sure, I'll definitely have enough to fill that new category! :-))

I'm gonna take a stab at my new Monday Plans... 
If the weather cooperates, I want to photograph everything I have for that new category, so that when I've finally decided, I'll be ready to fill it. Preventing a backlog or a reason not to follow through there. LOL
I don't have quilting class this week, but I do next week and only two classes left before the summer holidays so I want to finish my first panel AND a second one. Yup, the fabric for the second panel has already been cut and is ready to work with! Woohoo!! :-D

Hugs,
Wezz

5 comments:

matchstickgirl said...

inspiring ... must get off this computer and into the darkroom!!! :)

Kaja said...

Seems as if we're more with the same idea. I will try to have a UFO-week as well...

J Honda said...

WOW!! you are great at blogging! Super blog! And you are gifted in so many areas of artistic endeavors :)

FabricFascination said...

Beautiful work wezz. I admire your crochet, not something I've done a lot of. And I share your craft addiction. I have started so many different projects and gathered so many different crafting tools and supplies.

aegeansea said...

Great post! UFO week, needed here, too! Love your new creations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails