Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We don't celebrate Halloween as much, but I know this is a big thing for my US friends, so Happy Halloween to you! Celebrate and enjoy! (oh and share the candy, will you?? LOL)

Here's a funny Halloween card I made a while ago with a Frankenstein stamp that I got at the StempelMekka this last September. It's a stamp from StampFrancisco. The text is from Stampin' Up! I thought those two stamps were like made for each other. ;-))


This was the first card ever I made using my Derwent pencils. I love coloring with these and then the blending part. It's far from perfect, but I like the way I did this image. If you have any tips on improving my skills, please do let me know! I'm always all ears to learn new things! :-))

On the DWYTter blog they're already on sketch number 5, but here's my card for sketch number 4. Only one this time, as I was in too much pain this last week to do more.


The bird stamp is from StampAttack, also an acquisition from the StempelMekka this year. It's a stamp with loads of possibilities, and I have more ideas with this so I haven't put it away just yet.

Let me know what you think of my newest creations, okay? The comment section is now open. :-))

Hugs,
Wezz

6 comments:

tinyskillet said...

I think your pencil work is great! It's supposed to give it the watercolor look! I love the second card, it's really beautiful.

Seeing these really makes me want to drag all my stamps out and start making cards again! Most of mine are from Stampin' Up.

Unknown said...

Great card. I will wait to see more from this plate.

Carol

Dotpat said...

Know what you mean now Wezz, fab card
Love Dot

Unknown said...

Hilde I just love your cards and I agree with the first comment by Lyndsey. Seeing your work is inspiring enough that I'd like to drag out other materials too. Wow, then there'd be no where to sit around here at all.

~Organizationally Challenged in Toronto! LOL

Unknown said...

Lovely cards - the Halloween one really made me smile - brilliant

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

Great art work! I wish I could do that. But I think you have to be born to do what you do.

Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails